Saturday 24 January 2015

My liquid diet experience

Hi everyone.
I realize i haven't blogged in a long while and I apologize for that.

After my hospital stay in November 2014, i tried getting back onto purees but my body wasn't coping well with it.
I had remembered a nutritionist's advice from the hospital, which was- ''Some people drink Fortisip 5-6 times a day, relying on this alone and lead a healthier life that way.''
I decided this was something i wanted to try.

It was hard for me to add more fortisip drinks into my day, so i worked my way up slowly.
I managed to work my way up to having 2 milo sustagen drinks (refer to my recipe post) 2 energy fortisips and 2 protein fortisips into a day and was able to stick to this most days.
However, i was finding bloating to be a big problem and my final 2 drinks for the day were later into the evening, which isn't good for my acid reflux issues.

Therefore i made some alterations again and am now having 5 drinks a day and am drinking something every 2-3 hours. I am finding i have less bloating/indigestion issues and my final drinks for the day are at a more reasonable time.

I am not implying that it's much easier for me to have drinks alone because liquids stick in my throat too and my throat is always in some sort of discomfort.
However, this is something that i can push myself to do and even though discomfort is still involved, the other benefits are what i like and need and continue to want to have.

From my experience, my advice to those of you who are on a diet like mine is to - try different nutritional supplements. They affect everyone differently.
In my case, Sustagen alone wasn't giving my body what it needed and wasn't making me feel any better. When i drank fortisip, i was feeling almost instant benefits. Although trying to have this alone was too much. That's when i tried adding Sustagen back into my diet.

Through experimenting, i found the milo/sustagen drink i now always make, makes me feel good and i also realized i am more comfortable with drinking this. That's why i choose to drink it first thing in the morning and again later in the day to get a ''break'' from the fortisip texture. I built my way up to having a tall glass of milo/sustagen and now this is always my standard size.


For a while, i was worried about what my weight might do by being on just liquids but i finally started to see a really slow gain and I've continued to slowly gain. That's how i know i'm putting enough into my body and that these supplements together are right for me.

There are times where i feel frustrated, depressed and bored with having these drinks but i remind myself that this gives me more strength and energy.

Always remember, do what you can and acknowledge what you achieve. Not everyone is going to see it like we do but that's not important.

A quote i always say to myself is- ''everyday may not be good but there is good in everyday.'' It helps me to think it.

I think this is all i have to say for this post.

I hope you got something out of this.

Feel free to start a discussion in the comments for this post and you can also contact me directly through my email or Facebook.

Thank you for your time. Stay strong loves- Karly xo



karlylaura95@icloud,com
https://www.facebook.com/karly.vk


No comments:

Post a Comment