Friday 17 July 2015

It's not dysphagia but it's still relevant

Hi guys,

My, have i been on an up and down ride since my last post... I have written a lot of it on my Facebook page but not all things... so i'm going to take the time now to open up about certain things...

The biggest thing being, that my Dad no longer lives with us... I thought that i felt numb but how could i truly be, when i always saw my Dad and i as being close?... I still can't work out how i feel, so i certainly can't properly write/speak about it either... The only thing that makes sense to me, is that i must feel like this (whatever this is) because my Dad hasn't told me anything about the situation...

Another thing, that i now think, partly, ties into the Dad situation, is that my anxiety has been acting up again... I just don't feel right, day or night... A stand out to me, is that i've been feeling hot at night and have been having weird/scary dreams for weeks now...

What i'm about to let you in on next, is something i've only just started to talk a little about in Facebook groups, so to get it out there altogether, is a strange feeling for me... I think i might possibly fall into an A-Sexual category... I am by no means ashamed that i might be... I guess it just feels surreal, to know that i might finally be able to make sense of some things about myself...

You may be wondering why i've even shared this with you... Yes, this is a place for me to share my dysphagia related struggles but people with swallowing difficulties are just like anyone else... We are our own person, we still experience lots of other things, both good and bad...


My next post will be more dysphagia related but still, let me know if you would like to see more posts like these... It could be something i do every once in a while...

I'll catch you all soon...
Stay strong and be you...
~Karly. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment